• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

want: 1009 key tumblers and key

How about anyone have a full set of the lock tumblers and a key they'd sell?
I can also trade a good front blackout light and a good volt gauge. Also still have the vehicle part of the slave cable set up I took off mine, complete with plastic cap and cables.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
My local GM dealer has empty lock cylinder and tumblers.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Empty cylinder = no tumblers.

Jake0147

I rekeyed a stolen/recovered K5 blazer (which I believe to be no different?) about six months ago. Everything was available through GM. The chevy dealer here didn't have it on the shelf, I was able to get it the next day on a regular order (no freight) at the Cadillac garage (closer, plus I knew the parts guy there...). I told them what I was doing (all new locks and any key code in the world except what was in it) and they got everything I needed and built the locks right there in front of me. Made me pick the codes even. I'd be lying if I tried to tell you what it cost, but as I recall it wasn't near as costly as I had expected.

jimm1009

I just want to inject a thought before the group today.

Just in case you are considering an electric tailgate riser, stop before you go any further.
The reason that I state this is from experience on my M1009.

I purchased new door locks and ignition lock at PepBoys.
I had the B-key for the door locks used as the master for the tailgate and ignition. It is very simple for most real locksmiths or a GM dealer.
The reason for me saying Stop is this; I decided to go with an electric tailgate riser when my hand crank broke and I discovered that I could buy a whole used taigate with electric risor and motor for $65.00.
I had already had the locks keyed and everything matched until I went electric in the rear.
The lock cylinder for the electric tailgate is not the same and will not transfer over. So I had everything keyed twice before it was over.
An electric tailgate is really nice and very easy to install.
If you are considering it, buy a new lock cylinder from the Chevy dealer (after finding the donor or new electric mechanicsm), and then go buy some cylinders from PepBoys or your locksmith and have the other locks keyed using your new Chevy lock as the orignal code.
It cost me twice the amount to do this the second time but I am a slow learner (hard headed according to the "other half").
Just a little food for thought.
Also LMC truck can sell locks too and then you can have them keyed using the B-key or commonly called the trunk key which is what the military key is anyway.
As long as your round key from what you want to be the master will slide into the other locks, they can be rekeyed to work.
Good luck,
Jim
M1009 as daily driver since late 1995 & 140,000 miles. :smile:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks