• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Want a tachometer for your humvee ?

HUMMER H1

Guys I thought I would post this here for those who want a tachometer but don’t have it.
This item I am using for a few years now. Excellent performance, only 18 bucks on Amazon
Works with 12 or 24v,
takes few min to install ( you need to make a bracket )
digital tachometer.

EDIT: See below messages for the correct info.

Last edited by a moderator:

CapePrep

that link says 110-220volt operation. Can you clarify?

wausau1

Guys I thought I would post this here for those who want a tachometer but don’t have it.
This item I am using for a few years now. Excellent performance, only 18 bucks on Amazon
Works with 12 or 24v,
takes few min to install ( you need to make a bracket )
digital tachometer.

EDIT: See below messages for the correct info.

I was wondering how you mounted the sending unit?

Thunderbirds

I made a bracket, I’ll take a picture and post it here.
Very easy,
Hey @HUMMER H1 ,

I was just searching for different Tachometers and installation methods here on this board, even maybe starting a new thread, then ran across this post of yours. Would you have time to post some pics?

Also, would you mind if I hijacked this thread a little bit and asked which model others have used, how to install, wire up, mount inside the cab? Not everyone is that electrically skilled or in fabrication of brackets as others, so finding the correct wires or correct pick up locations is challenging for me. More info would definitely be of help.

This way everyone may get some options for the military original set up for $950, or the $16 digital version you mentioned and everything in-between and others get to show off their skills and craftiness.

If the Mods don't like me hijacking this thread, I probably would start a new thread, but don't want to double up.

HUMMER H1

Hey @HUMMER H1 ,

I was just searching for different Tachometers and installation methods here on this board, even maybe starting a new thread, then ran across this post of yours. Would you have time to post some pics?

Also, would you mind if I hijacked this thread a little bit and asked which model others have used, how to install, wire up, mount inside the cab? Not everyone is that electrically skilled or in fabrication of brackets as others, so finding the correct wires or correct pick up locations is challenging for me. More info would definitely be of help.

This way everyone may get some options for the military original set up for $950, or the $16 digital version you mentioned and everything in-between and others get to show off their skills and craftiness.

If the Mods don't like me hijacking this thread, I probably would start a new thread, but don't want to double up.
Here is a picture of the unit on my own version of gauge cluster I made,
power off,
power on
And engine revving at 1966 RPM

I absolutely love this RPM gauge, flawless operation , super simple installation. You can see in one of the pictures I made an L shape bracket with a small bent on the oil pan section, drilled two holes on both ends, one side is larger to accommodate the sensor and one side is smaller to accommodate small 10mm bolt for the oil pan,
You can also see the magnet that is attached to the harmonic balancer, ONLY USE CRAZY GLUE when attaching the magnet to the balancer, scrape the area clean to the metal, one drop of CRAZY GLUE and it’s done.
IMG_2083.jpeg
IMG_2069.jpegIMG_2070.jpegIMG_2071.jpeg

HUMMER H1

If you are wondering about the fuel gauge, it’s a tube sensor type, exact bolt on to the Humvee original fuel level sensor, from Amazon as well,
No more of the Humvee style inaccurate fuel reading.
guys you can build your Humvee to be precise machine and don’t have to use the original military parts,
I know some of you love to entertain poor quality parts with the purist ideology, it’s totally fine,
I prefer my truck to be as reliable as Toyota Tacoma and damn right it is. start and go is what I like my humvee to be, even if that means change parts that are not meant for the humvee.
24 volt fuel gauge, and sending unit bolt on for humvee, direct bolt on.