• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

want to find military auto auction

joeypushjr1

im looking to find a place that sells retired military vehicles i have one now the m1009 a2 but i would like to exspand my truck collection i love playing with them all so if you know how to locate these sales please let me know i live in ohio so somewhat closer would be best but ill do with what i can find...thankyou...joe

madsam

If you do a search, you can find many places from privet dealers to govliquidation.com.

madsam

Just be aware of the issues in dealing with govliquidation. You can get stuff cheep as long as you are willing to replace stuff that is missing, and the government paperwork involved. There is many posts on this site that talk about GL issues.

That being said, I got my wrecker from there, and I am happy.

joeypushjr1

so is this getting parts for these truck that big a deal hard to do? hard to come by? do they not tell you everything about the truck till you get there... most of the time you able to drive it off the lot...joe

madsam

Well, as far as GL auctions, form my exuberance, you can see a lot from the pics, but not everything. My 816 was missing the drive shaft from the trany to the gearbox. Not something you usually take a pic of.

You should take a look at them in person before you bid, and look carefully. They have times about 2 weeks before the end of the auction, to inspect. Some say they run, but most need some help. Batteries are shot most of the time because these trucks sit for years sometimes. All fluids need to be checked. Some times they remove them. Check everything. Don't take anything for granted. I have stood starring at my truck saying things like, "Why the he** did they do that?"

Apparently it is hard to get parts in the military, so these demiled trucks become the parts for the running trucks. It is not that hard to find parts. There is a lot of people here that have parts. There is a wrecking yard section in the forums. if you are talking about the blazers, they are almost the same as the civilian models except the engine.

Another thing to think about is the title. Some trucks sold as scrap can not get a title. If you get a truck that can get a title you have to pay 50$ for GL to processes the paperwork to create the title. SF97 is the form you have to get to title it. It is like a bill of sale from the government. Then you want to talk to some people from your state to get it registered correctly. Mine was going to be 4 times the cost if I had not talked to some people her who pointed me in the right direction. I had to show the DMV how to do it, because they did not know.

So GL is cheaper, but usualy more work. I spent less from GL but I had a lot to fix and then there is shipping to consider.

I bought my 816 for about $3500.
Then I spent $4000 to get it towed out of the base and working good enough to drive home.
Then I bought tires for it because all of them were junk. 2 lots from GL $1200
Missing parts for the wrecker and 50 gal of hydrologic fluid $800
$9500 so far.

Still needs more stuff.

But running wreckers her go for 15k,, so it is all in what you want.

Last edited:

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Deals can be had at GL, but you need to go to the location, look at the lot you want to bid on, and INSPECT, & INSPECT. Then go INSPECT it some more...

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks