• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Wanted WW2 Soviet Field Kitchen

Kommissar

Greetings one and all,
I am looking for a WW2 era Soviet field kitchen. I have ploughed through numerous sites to no avail. Suggestions would be appreciated.

Will

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Do you have pictures of one? Since we sent a lot of other 'Lend-Lease' items, maybe we sent some M-1937 ranges and cook stoves, which would be period appropriate. Otherwise they were probably using something similar to the German field kitchen trailer - where the cooks stand on the ground around it to do their cooking. aswayze here on SS has done 'Operation East Wind' twice, and their Warsaw Pact forces use the M-1937, while the NATO command has an MKT. Hhe might know of some sources or period literature.

Kommissar

Soviet Field Kitchens

Do you have pictures of one? Since we sent a lot of other 'Lend-Lease' items, maybe we sent some M-1937 ranges and cook stoves, which would be period appropriate. Otherwise they were probably using something similar to the German field kitchen trailer - where the cooks stand on the ground around it to do their cooking. aswayze here on SS has done 'Operation East Wind' twice, and their Warsaw Pact forces use the M-1937, while the NATO command has an MKT. Hhe might know of some sources or period literature.

Here are some pics.

http://i304.photobucket.com/albums/nn192/britguy01/maquette2_cookiesewell.jpg

http://i304.photobucket.com/albums/nn192/britguy01/IMGP2085.jpg

The KP-26 is post war.
There maybe other types out there too. I have a colleague researching the lend lease aspect.

Will

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks