• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Warm-weather leaks?

JCKnife

So I've had my deuce since December, and still don't have plates so she hasn't left the driveway but I've had her running several times until the heater blows warm air. Never leaked a drop.

Last week we had a couple days in the 80's for the first time, and I hadn't run the truck in about 3 weeks, so I started her up. Afterwards noticed 2 new things:

1. A spot on the driveway that smelled like diesel right under the primary fuel filter.

2. The front end of the exhaust manifold was wet with something...

So, this couldn't be just warmer weather making the fuel thinner, could it? Just a coincidence? I'm not to worried about identifying and fixing the leaks, but I wonder if the warm weather is the cause?

cattlerepairman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Warmer temperature often has an effect on leaks. Plastics become more pliable, fluids expand etc. Most deuces will leak something somewhere, just to mark their spot. I recommend cleaning the engine and engine bay and run the truck when everything is clean and dry. That helps in identifying where stuff comes from.

Also reach up and play with the vents on top of the tranny and transfer case. I had leaks from both units, until I cleaned the vents. Now a drop, once in a while, that's all. Same vents sit on top of all axles. ensure, they vent.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks