• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Washington to Colorado Recovery

migz

I recovered my second Deuce this last weekend. I got it out of Ft. Lewis back in August. The only things that it needed were a new clutch and a new radiator. With those items installed and the truck checked out my brother and I headed out on our 1330 mile odyssey. We ran from Kelso Washington to Nampa Idaho the first day, a total 452 miles in 10 hours on the first day. We took the scenic route down the Columbia River Gorge and it was great. See pics below.
The second day started with a broken generator gauge. We checked it with the Fluke meter saw that the generator was putting out the needed 28 volts and we headed out. We drove from Nampa Idaho to Sedalia Colorado non stop for a total of 882 miles in 18 hours with out incident. I never thought I would get away with doing that in a Deuce. The truck is a 67 Kaiser so no suspension seats and the canvas is pretty thin so the back sides were very sore when we got home. I don’t know if 882 miles in a day is a record but it damn sure deserves a gold star. Sergeant Turner of the Oregon National Guard, the previous owner / maintainer did a fine job on that truck and I am very appreciative to him. Here are a few pictures of the journey.

Attachments

Green_gator

That is some beautiful country that you drove through. My brother has a deuce in Grand Junction that we recovered from Oklahoma and the scenery was not nearly as nice. Not expecting much on the Iowa recovery next month either. Truck looks nice and now you should know every sound associated with it running correctly.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Great shots!!!! Gorgeous!!!

Your figure beats my 725-miles-in-a-single-day handily.

wsucougarx

Great looking your truck. In fact your truck was parked right next to my first deuce win in AUG08 at FT Lewis. Glad to hear everything went well.

Jinx

Buy me a Coke
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Congrats on the purchase!

I want to purchase a GL truck and drive it home. Seems a little risky to me, but it's great to hear about these successful stories.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Looks great! Congrats! I think the 882 is certainly a record. I know Clinto eclipsed my best with his 725 mile day. My best was just over 700 but I was driving this contraption!

Attachments

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Haha, they are both deuces! I used a wrecker to load in FL, an excavator to unload and load in OH and when I got back to FL I drove the truck off on some blocks. The piggyback device was one .I brewed up, still have it