• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

water fording limits

Ukraine Train

I've read a couple places that maximum fording depth is 30" without an additional kit. What's included in the kit? What limits the depth to 30" without the kit? Some low breathers?

Ukraine Train

That's helpful; thanks. So other than the bell housing plug, is there any more to the "fording kit"? I've seen mention of the kit but haven't been able to find one. I'm not planning any river crossings but want to have the info in case of a flood.

dmetalmiki

Your need to strip and check everything that might have water and dirt ingress!..most folk "play" without realizing the the effort that should be put in after deep water ventures.

1951M1078

Back in the 70's I was apart of river swim with Gama Goat's,M114's,M113's in the Rein river. Cleanup and repair took 3 weeks and some still had water problems. Don't think I would go much over the hub's ! But that's me. LOL