• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

water in fuel

Got that "water in fuel" warning light on. Whats the going price on filters?
Is it cost effective to install a spin on filter instead? If so, what about the sensor(s)? Lastly, I'd like to install pressure gauges, electric, one pre, and one post filter, to monitor filter condition. Any idea's?

hobie237

Why not just drain the water separator? If you want to replace the filter, they're $25 or so at any auto parts store. To avoid air in the lines as much as possible, I usually fill them with diesel before putting them on. Makes it a bit more messy, but a drain pan underneath will take care of that. Another option is to pre-fill the filter with Seafoam, (or kerosene) so the injection pump and injectors get a nice, undiluted slug of cleaner when you go to start it up.

Is the light on continuously or just flickering? Mine periodically flickers on and off, water separator is bone dry, so I suspect it's an instrumentation issue.

hobie237

It's built into the fuel filter. There are two knobs. One is on the top- that's the air bleed. There is another on the bottom, which should have a hose attached to it. That's where you drain the water.

K45

I know I saw someone with the cucv with a dual chamber water seperator set up that was mounted on the drivers side that look pretty slick looking. He was able to real quickly drain any water and it not drip on anything below, i am still learning all about these things myself. i like the idea of additional filtration for the fuel before it gets to the engine

hobie237

There are kits out there to add pretty much whatever you want in terms of filtration, water separation, whatever. I find the stock filter to be sufficient. You could also go to your local auto parts store and/or Tractor Supply or similar store and piece together whatever you need. All you'd have to do is reroute the hose that exits the lift pump and plumb in whatever manner of filter(s) you desire, and then take the exit line from those filters and plumb it so it's going to the injection pump. Not overly complicated, shouldn't even be overly expensive, I just don't see any need for it. If you're just after a bit of additional filtration, just add a filter in the line somewhere between the tank and injection pump.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks