• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Water in Fuel

kennys@wi.rr.com

I recently got home from what was the longest drive of my life. My family and I drive to my in-laws place every year, about 925 miles away. However, this time 160 miles from home my truck, Ford with the 7.3, started to act like it was geling up. I pulled the fuel filer and added Power Service 911 and made it to the nearest gas station. When I drove long haul as a OO we used to use kerosene or gasoline added to fuel we would buy down south before heading back north, seemed to work great to prevent any kind of gelling. Well my quick fix didn't last long at all this time. Long story short many miles traveled at 10 mph or less, enough Power Service for over 800 gallons of diesel and three fuel filters later I crossed the NY state line. I stopped at an Advance Auto and bought another fuel filter and more Power Service. I mentioned to the guy at the counter that I must have water in my tank and he suggested a product called K100. Within 15 minutes my truck smoothed out and ran great the rest of the trip. I later bought another bottle just for the ride home as cheap insurance.

The water in my tank was my own fault. I admit I used my transfer tank that had sat idle for a few moths and didn't drain it before use, never thought I would get that much water in it.

My question to everyone is this, what can I add to my fuel in the future to ensure this doesn't happen again? I have been a fan of Power Service for years, but it didn't touch the problem this time. The K100 is great but at $20 a bottle and not available anywhere near here in WI is a tough sell even on me. I was once told that isopropyl alchohol will work or even kerosene worked. The folks at K100 claim that it bonds with the water and makes it burnable, is there anything else that does that?

As always, thank you everyone.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Does your vehicle's filter or fuel system have a water drain?

nice sig line...:evil:

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
We did go to Heids last night. I had 2 dogs and large fries.:roll:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks