• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

water in the running gear always drain

catskillpond

Three weeks ago a neighbor stopped by and asked me if he could help his son look over a 5 ton truck he was buying he just got out of the service and he wanted one. I informed him where ever he buys it put it on a trailer get it home and I will help him go through the basics.
Yesterday he drives up and said we picked up from FT Dix trailer-ed. home and then he went trail riding with it as soon as he got home When I got to their home the truck had about 1/2 ton of mud over the truck I told the kid to pressure wash the entire vehicle and then I will come back. Went there this morning went under with the creeper noticed the breathers on the axles were weeping oil. Long story short sent him under there with a breaker bar and a drain pan had him open up the drain plugs each differential had about a gallon of water come out and then grey water en-trained oil did the trans and transfer case about a quart out of each.
I had him pull out the rear drive axles grey oil poured out dropped the lower bolts on the front c/v joints rusty water..
The fuel tanks had 4 inches of black sludge in each tank there were new filters we dropped them they were just about plugged . Pulled the air filter plugged solid with dust. The radiator was good and the coolant.

I advised him to scrap the truck with a lesson learned.

dmetalmiki

Makes you wonder what condition the brakes were in. And anything as important in fact. Get him to join this site, read up, and start over to "rescue" that truck that is trying so hard to be good to him! Pictures learning and progress would be good to hear.