• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Water Pump Bolt / Crossover Pipe

Tailwheel

The timing cover to engine block and water pump to timing cover are sealed with an anaerobic acrylic sealant gel. Similar chemistry as anaerobic thread locking products, only in a gel formulation. Heat is your ally here.

I've used it for multiple purposes. Best thread sealant if you don't want it to come apart.
How big of a deal is it to use a gasket? Fel-Pro had the full set so I used it. There was a gasket in there when I removed the timing cover and the water pump. I realize the TM states to use the anaerobic sealant but the gasket sets are available. Does using a gasket create a clearance issue?

Sharecropper

Steel Soldiers Supporter
How big of a deal is it to use a gasket? Fel-Pro had the full set so I used it. There was a gasket in there when I removed the timing cover and the water pump. I realize the TM states to use the anaerobic sealant but the gasket sets are available. Does using a gasket create a clearance issue?
I believe the reason anaerobic sealant was/is used is to make it easy to get the water pump off when it’s time to replace it. I can’t think of any other reason. I believe there’s nothing wrong with using a gasket. Heck you could use RightStuff if you wanted, but you would have a hail of a time getting it off later. Maybe someone else can chime in but I see no reason not to use a gasket. Just my 2 cents.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks