• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Water Pump replacement

jag7720

I am going to swap out my water pump and radiator and put in a block heater this weekend.

I looked at the TM...and didn't see anything special... but, is there anything that I need to know about this job? Any thing that will make it go easier or that I need to watch for?

Thanks

dependable

I have done this and it is pretty strait forward. Take off fan. You might want tubing wrenches for the tranny coolant lines. Oil will drain from oil coolant lines. Have some pans and kitty litter(speedy dry). Not sure if stock freeze plug block heater is worth doing when you cant put one on the heater hose that pumps the coolant around as well. Have several with freeze plug style. Have heater hose one on my plow truck and it works well and is way easyer to install. Draws more amps, but heats block better and quicker.

SPECIALTYLC

I just did mine a few months ago. Not much different than a gas engine. The pumps and or books call for anorobic sealer on the pump mating sufaces. Its now been replaced with the Permatex Ultra Grey rtv. Much easier to use.