• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Water Water Everywhere....

dm22630

Believe it or not, my deuce leaks! What a surprise! :mrgreen:

Anyway, I was driving through a mild rainstorm & my feet got real cold....I thought, hmmm....maybe this thing does have a/c after all. But, when I looked down I saw water dripping all over them. Later on in my journey, ALL the lights quit working for about 30 seconds & then came back on.

The feet dont bother me.

The Lights do.

To a inexperienced shade tree mechanic like myself....the water would seem to be the culprit. I think that the rubber seals around the windshield are shot. I see water seeping in whenever it rains. Will replacing them stop/mildly slow down this problem? Or does the water come in other places and short lights out?

Thanks!

FreightTrain

Banned
something tripped the breaker in the light switch on the dash.I have a deuce that would do that in the dry.Not fun running 60MPH on the interstate at 10PM and all lights go south.I replaced the switch and ever had a problem again.As for the water,check the cowl.The same truck has rust holes all along the cowl where it meets the windshild.That truck is getting a new cab tub when I get a running motor back in it.....and new fenders....and hood......and cowl panels.....and a bed.....and tailgate......and OVM box......and battery box.......

saddamsnightmare

July 4th, 2008.

Might I suggest a couple of other places to look for your offending leak? That is, after you've replaced the windshield seals..... On my duece, she was a notorious leaker around the center of the cowling, and over on the driver's side. The center cowl area had four bolt holes and a forest green square on an otherwise 686A tan truck..... Something was removed!!!! I closed the holes up using hex head bolts with neoprene flat washers under
the washer that I placed under the bolt's head, and a flat washer and nut under the cowling, drawn fairly tight... No leaks there, repainted cowling to match.
The other leak was under the clip that holds the hood safety catch down... solution, new sheetmetal screw,washer and neoprene flat washer.... second leak solved. Now for the one around the screws that hold thr right air wiper on.... likely more neoprene washers. Changing the windshield rubber seals, now there's going to be a painfull experience given the age since overhaul for Desert Storm (1990)!...
I doubt if you'll ever get the cab completely dry, but you can try... at least they're dryer then a CCKW cab of WWII........
Smile, it's July Fourth and some GI got you your freedoms.....

Cheers,

Kyle F. McGrogan rofl

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks