• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Waynes "Pinz.." M101A2 and a day at the ranch..

citizensoldier

Well had a fun productive day today.. Took my mind off the funeral tomarrow.
Thought I would share because I know how you guys like pictures.
Getting the M880 axles and M101A2 ready for FSbruvas trip to Atlanta.
If I dont get any money for the axles there will be a new set in Atlanta if anyone needs some..
Some other pictures of my contraptions.. The Sap hauler, M1031 cart, new motor for my M42, and so on.. Enjoy

Attachments

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
RE: Waynes "Pinz.." M101A2 and a day at the ranch.

Stop teasing me with a set of them there axles.

citizensoldier

Well I can load another set in there lickity split!! I have a nice payment plan with your name on it.. :D come on Kenny I need them things gone.. I will keep one set for a future project and thats it. I have one extra rear if anybody just needs one... Did I mention I need a darn wrecker!! I unloaded that 1031 body with jacks and blocks.. Carried them axles in the barn by hand cart and balance.. anybody have a nice rough terrain fork truck for sale? These are not things a guy with compressed and degenerated discs should be doing !!

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter

What you should do is weld up an a-frame of sorts on your sap hauler and rig a chainfall from the top of it. Pretty cheap and effective. You didn't have enough fun teasing me with the axles, now you're teasing me with the payment plan? I can't justify the cost. I can get a whole M880 up at SECO for $400. Doesn't stop me from wanting the axles though.

Pinz25086

Lane, I was glad to see this post and a pic of my new trailer. I am like a kid waiting for Christmas and now your teasing me with pics! You should get a letter from me any day now. It was mailed Friday.

I has the Pinz out yesterday for the first time since returning from AK. Took it for a ride up in the Ocala Forest and watched a couple of locals sink a p/u truck. They decided to follow me through an area of small ponds (dips in the road) right after a good storm. The Pinz headlights went under water for just a moment and my truck just walked out the other side. When they went in the water was over the top of their hood and that was all she wrote. The funny part was when they tried to open the doors. Got to love a couple of drunks thinking that their bone stock Chevy S-10 could follow the Pinz. I got them pulled out and asked what they were thinking. They said that the water was not that high before the rain, DUH!!

Wayne

citizensoldier

Doing the best I can to get it to you Wayne. I hope you enjoy it. To be honest I will miss this one, I kind of like it.. :) . At least I will be able to visit it at the FL rally every year..
I like your chain fall idea Kenny.. Hmmm I was going to chop that red truck off and the trailer behind it was for the box to put on it.. I put some 1100/20 tires on the trailer and now feel it would look nice behind the M51A2? Cant bring myself to chop off that M35 and I did pick up a LD engine for it? Sooo we will see.. long wheelbase tractor maybe? Got a extra 5th wheel plate sitting around your place?

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter

I'll have to go digging out in the weeds to see if there is an extra 5th wheel. I doubt it but you never know. Since getting my M108 going, I still have the old chainhoist part of the redneck engine picker upper if you need it. The trees I'm going to keep.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks