• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

WC-12 Brakes?

Clip

Does anyone know how to access the brake drums on both the front and rear axles of the WC-12? I've gotten the tire off, removed the six nuts from the flange and that's all the farther I got. Anyone have any ideas?

Knucklehead

I had a WC-1 a few years ago and IF I remember correctly the axle was held in place by lock cones. Clean the area under the flange nuts and see if it looks like a very tight lock washer is recessed there. If so , take a very large sledge hammer and strike the center of the flange. I do not mean a small hammer,10 lbs. at least. Also strike the flange with a lot of force.The axle should rebound and the cones will start to pop out. Like I said IF I remember correctly on that series of truck. You may have to strike the flange several times.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks