• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Website suggestions

colomil

Here is my wishlist:

1) past bid results - put the event closing date & location next to each event ID.
2) specific events results - show short item description along with price, winner.
3) add a way to contact a winning bidder (proxy email perhaps) that does not disclose the winner's identity and also allow this feature to be disabled in a users profile.

These are all reasonable requests that I am sure most customers would agree with.

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Robyn,
What I'd like to suggest is for your programmers to setup an on-line form for people to use for the SF-97 process. It would be similar to the EUC form in being filled out. Because of the 'electronic signature' laws, it could be saved on the requester's computer and transmitted via e-mail. If the form was done right (using XML), the data could be 'harvested' and the two folks in the SF-97 department would not have to type everything in (again), only check to make sure the actual item had been picked up, then send it on to the government office that prepares the documents (again, sending via XML), which they could load directly into the printed documents. If this were implemented, GL could go back to charging the $60 fee, so it's a money maker for your company. It will take some work on the part of your programmers (and the government programmers), but would pay off in the long run, at least as long as there are vehicles to be sold.
I know it can be done, because I've been a programmer for over 30 years, and have had a hand in developing exactly such a system for my 9-5 bosses.

Luckybatt

Your suggestion to include a way to at least contact a winning bidder anonymously sounds great to me. I hope something will come from it. That way if the winning bidder was not interested in what you refer to he could just ignore it. Luckybatt

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks