• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Weight of LDT465???

deuce_m35a2

I finally won an LDT465c from GL and am now trying to figure out how i am gonna get it home. Does anyone know the approximate weight of the motor and crate?? Also, how big is this crate that it comes in?? I have a F350 dually and am gonna see if its possible to put it in the bed.I thought I remember reading somewhere on GL that the weight is 2000 lbs. and i found that hard to believe.
Thanks for anyone who can help
Christian

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Don't believe that. The engine is around 1850# depending where you read it and the can is another 1400# or so. I can't tell you if it will fit between the inner fenders but thinking it will. 3200# shouldn't be too much over loaded for the dually.

jwaller

I picked up my LDT from GL about 2 months ago and had it put into my M105 at the site and it is heavy. It sat the trailer down about 4 inches when it slid in. mine came with the container. i'd say it's close to 2500 with shipping container.

houdel

I bought two from GL in Columbus. GL listed the weight at 2569 lbs each. The guy who hauled them up here to me on a flatbed trailer behind a Dodge Dually Diesel said they weighed that much if not more, they really made his trailer squat down. The actual dimensions of my containers are 65" wide x 43-1/2" deep x 56-1/2" high, to the outside of all braces and ribs.

deuce_m35a2

Thanks for everyones responses. I guess getting it home is only gonna be half the battle.
The hardest part is gonna be getting it off the trailer and into the garage.
It'll be fun...
Christian

houdel

The engine container should fit in the bed of your Dually without any problems. The only difficulty will be getting it in there and getting it back out when you get home. I'll go with 2600-3000 lbs total for the engine and container. Don't know the exact weight, but it sure bent the crap out of my "A" frame braces just lifting the top of the container so I could get in there and pull some parts off of one of the engines, and that was using a 2000# power puller.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks