• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Weight of M35A2 transmission?

tie6044

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have loaded one in the trunk of a car before with one other guy no problem.

On a side note-gimp you have to change that avatar, it's like a car accident, I know I shouldn't look but I do and then wish I didn't :cry:

Seth_O

Theres nothing funny about it. It's just gross. No idea where you dig these things up gimp, but your avatar pic's almost always make me shudder......

To the OP: I've manhandled the deuce tranny around by myself, and I'm not a big guy. Not sure I could have picked it up off the ground alone, but I moved it around.

Last edited:

abh3

Yeah, a strong guy can handle one but it's right on the edge of dumb, one mistake and you might regret it for a long time from what I know about back injuries.

Years ago an older buddy of mine drove up while I was wrestling a Ford FE V-8 around on a sheet of plywood by hand. He asked just what the &%^# I was doing when a diesel tractor stood there not 50 feet away. I explained how it was a pain, too much trouble, to put the boom on it for such a little job and then he told me about the little job that ruined his back, the pain, the failed operations, missed opportunities, etc., basically a life changing s%$t-storm from being too lazy to do it the smart way... 2cents

1crook

I won't throw Clinto under the bus. It was too heavy for me to lift. The 6tl's are heavy, but the transmissions are too much to lift without some help.

Funny post though G. :grin: You forgot to add how much the bell housing weighs also if it is still attached. We were able to manuver one transmission around without the bell housing attached, but the one that still had one attached was too much weight for me to attempt to lift with him (he had to find another soldier B to assist). As much as I hate to say it, I guess this is one of the rare instances when I agree with Clinto in that we need a wrecker. Time to get my head checked. :cookoo:

Stretch44875

Super Jr. Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Gimp claims a multifuel crankshaft is kinda of heavy.... Transmission is heavy, but you can move it around. I use two people also.