• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Weight of stock tires...

bottleworks

I found a good deal for 11 brand new 9.00x20 NDTs for $35 each. I have to drive 8 hours each way to pick them up and I am trying to get an idea if I am going to bring the trailer. Does anyone have any idea on How much each tire weighs?

NEIOWA

It would have to be less expensive to freight 2 pallets than to drive a 1000mi. Even if you time has no value what the cost per mi? A trucker only has to cover it one way. Your have to justify deadheading there.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Do you need all 11 or do you have access to more (at that price)?

Just asking...... 8) rofl :mrgreen:

bottleworks

Well round trip with gas @ $2.60/gal, it should cost about $160 in gas... So under $200 to move 11 tires 986 miles. I don't know if he has any other sizes, however, I will ask when I pick them up. Do I need all 11?...Well, right now I don't need any. I am just stocking up on them for when I wear my current tires out. Once I install my A/C system, I plan on driving it every non raining day.

gringeltaube

Staff Member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
bottleworks said:
How many on road miles do the NDT's get on average?
That depends on:
1) tire age. See manuf. date or DOT Nº, some don't even show it. The older the rubber the faster they wear. Once I had "brand new" ones (US brand) on the front, they went at 1/8" every 500 miles! Than I had a fresh set of 10 9.00x20s, made in Korea!, drove them 3000 miles and you could barely notice any wear!
2) how fast you drive.
3) Load.
4) Ambient temperature.
3)Lock out hubs or not.

Don't expect to much from these old takeouts. Average I would say at best 5000 at front, 15K for the rears (!?)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks