• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

weird clicking sound

jdeoliveira74

ok so i have a clicking sound coming from what seems like the middle of the passenger side of truck. its spurratic which is weird and it almost sounds like its spinning. I did notice that the speedo cable is burned from the old exhaust. Could that be it? What needs to be done to service the transfer case. hopeing its not that but it needs to be done.

boomer431

You can just disconnect the cable at the transfer case and drive it around the block to see if your noise is gone. As far as servicing the case it is just basically a drain and fill.

Terracoma

My speedometer cable is also burned through, except it makes a chirping sound consistent with road speed.

The transfer case service is very straightforward, the TM won't steer you wrong. Be sure to remove the top plug (the fill plug) first.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks