• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Weird GL Sightings

No.2Diesel

While perusing GL (not going to get into greater specificity) I just had to post a couple of pics. The first one is just funny. Its the dash of an A3 (those trucks look way too russian.)

Second pic: Are these a new replacement for the old tri-switch? Any info?

Please post some of your most peculiar Auction pics

Attachments

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
That first one gave me a chuckle too. The second one is of the new push-button style light switch. Very few have anything nice to say about them. General complaints range from shorting out to hard to use without looking at the buttons. They do light up real pretty and seem oddly out of place in a 30+ year old truck.

I don't suppose that first picture is of a truck of Katrina knowledge?

The second one I recognize as one of the trucks here in a California GL aution. I have one of them fancy digital light switches but haven't decided whether or not to install it. If/when my 3 lever breaks I'll try it out.

Edited to delete worms...........

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've have one of the pushbutton switches in my tractor (daily driver). I keep waiting for it to fail as I'm told it will, but it just won't. It's been in there at least 2 years now. It has high cool factor but does look out of place. Some day I'll go back to the 3 lever.

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Rip it out and sell that cluster to the guys who restore HMMWVs. It goes well on those rigs, but I think it looks crappy on such a historic looking vehicle as the M35.

ida34

I had to replace the relays in my pushbutton switch as the ebayer who sold it to me forgot to mention it did not work. Since then everything has been fine. The three lever rides in my tool box just in case.

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
I have a push button in my deuce the way cool look hooked me. The story is this on them. When first introduced they were installed in HMMWV's and the sometimes had problems loosing the ground and as soon as that happened they often failed. The company redesigned them and attached a long ground wire with a loop terminal to attach securely to a good ground. I really like them since they do light up to show you what lights you have one they take less effort and the old three levers failed often in my years of Army vehicle experience. I might have stayed a three lever but my duece came without a light switch as some do and the one I had was on it's last legs. It is kinda like LED lights on a duece I like them too.

blackdog

maddawg308 said:
Rip it out and sell that cluster to the guys who restore HMMWVs. It goes well on those rigs, but I think it looks crappy on such a historic looking vehicle as the M35.
I tried to install one of the pushbutton switches onto my M998 today and it would not fit. The retainers will not allow it without modification.

Brian

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Somebody pushed one of the buttons right out of the switch! Probably couldn't get the lights off so he took a screwdriver to it ;)

hummer4x4guy

I am on my 3rd PBLS all 3 have had the grouding wire and all were grounded but I guess not well enough. They are nice at night for sure. But everyone has their own likes and dislikes..
Brian the tabs have to be cut off for it to fit unfortunatly.. and I do recomend keeping the old style as a spare on the truck

Joel

McVeyMac

I saw that A3 pic as well and had to laugh. The great thing is that it is such a contrast to the tach. Once you put a top on it, change out the speedo with a new one that reads 00000.00, then you will have a real bargain.

oifvet

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It's tough being the last-of-the-litter (M35A3). It just came out lame in so many ways. Was it factory with with the push buttons? Did the push-button go hand-in-hand with the LED lighting systems?
That tach sure looks nice and clean! Idling at around 650, huh? Wonder if the old one looked like the speedo? Maybe just the one was "bad."
rofl

gmayor

In Utah I saw several rear sections of 2 1/2 tons that had been very professionally turned into trailers. Didn't have my camera wish I would have now. There were several different types.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks