• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

welder/gen from TC PTO

tobyS

Have you ever seen a welder/generator running from the output of the transfer case PTO on a Deuce (mine is A3)? One would think the diesel running at about 1200 rpm would be reasonably efficient if you can use the power.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Have you ever seen a welder/generator running from the output of the transfer case PTO on a Deuce (mine is A3)? One would think the diesel running at about 1200 rpm would be reasonably efficient if you can use the power.
Profo has a hydraulic welder its equal to a 225 unit running off around 36gpm off the rear hydraulics on his FLU 419

If I remember right some guy in New York has a casting for the rear of the welder or can make it and it bolts right on and hook your lines to it

tobyS

In a widespread power outage or big weld project it might be really good to have. Then it ties the truck up not being a truck too.