• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

WEll, Another dumb paint Question

Amxhunter

Take a look at the hard top and PLEASE tell me what color to paint it !.

I must have gone through 50 threads trying to figure this out. I'm just needing to knock down the rust, prime and rattle can it. But when I went to look up the color there are like 5 different codes. Mark me Confused. :oops:

Attachments

FreightTrain

Banned
Green....

Sorry had to.Actually,Green,Brown,black.But read the manual and it will have a drawing of where the cammo goes.Use CARC.Not fake CARC.Krylon is not even on the same planet as real military green.Way off in outter space.wouldn't take too much.Remove,Sand,Prime,Paint,Reinstall.Done.

Amxhunter

Nah , I don't think so.

I've been up on top and it appears to be a single color.

The problem is, when I go to the dealer sites for Aervo aerosol cans, I find 4 or 5 different greens and the #s don coincide with the manual.

It's a 1969 Kaiser

FreightTrain

Banned
That is cause it was never painted after installation.As for Aervo....DON'T unless you want a pink cab.There is 2 people on here that can get real CARC pretty cheap.They can deliver or have it delivered to the rally in Georgia.Don't bother using fake Civilian paints.Krylon,Aervo,Gillespie(sure,the last one is pretty good and if your going pre-modern your stuck with the Civy stuff) are no where near the same color.

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Paint it Gillespie 383 green. The reason it is solid green is that it was put on the truck after the truck was painted and IT was not updated with the brown/black. Call RAPCO in TX and get spray cans. It is not worth messing with CARC just to paint a top unless you have the equipment to spray paint.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Neither will match anyway. CARC nor Gillespie will match the faded paint. I'd rather not spend $25 on a quart of CARC and then cut and mix it when you can get some rattlecans from Rapco and do a quick recolor. CARC is a much better paint but is pretty hazardous. I can get 5+ years out of the Gillespie no problems. Your choice!

deuceman51

I am a CARC paint dealer and sell gallons for $69 if anyone is interested in getting the real stuff. It is not more hazardous than the epoxy and urathane paints used on cars and trucks on the commercial side. Main thing is use a resperator and follow all the safety rules and you will be fine.