• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Well, its NOT an M1009, but I like it any way :) Any one have a parts truck?

Loco_Hosa

I searched and searched for an M1109 in Washington or Oregon in my price range, and I could find one. So, I traded my camaro for my new BEAST. I have big plans for it, but I think I need some parts from a CUCV to really make it what I want.

1984 K5 Blazer.
Mystery trans, non overdrive
3.08s
Auto locking hubs.
31 inch tires

Pic #1
Pic #2

I love this thing, and it does great off road. I plan to put a crate engine in her and lift it about 4 inches, and get some 35s. I just dont think the 3.08s, and the Auto lockers will do it for me though... I think I need some CUCV bad ass-ness.

If anyone knows of a way I could get my hands on the front and rear axles from an M1008, (Four way locking 4.56s 14 bolt FTW!) and down the road I will need some manual locking hubs too, though I might go with aftermarket new ones.

I wont try to BS any of you, I know VERY little about the 4x4 thing, I know Chevy engines, and I know interior upholstery. I dont know much (Yet) about suspension, axles, and T-cases. Please enlighten me :)

boomer

Graham,
It's still a blazer, and you will enjoy it. Let me know when that tim comes- when you do deliver a Domino's pizza with an M1009. I can be your first customer. Is that the place that has it 30 min. or less, or it's free?;-)