• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Well, the Deuce is home!

DanMartin

Hey all,

I just pulled in from bringing the '88 back from Idaho. I wish it was an uneventful trip, but about 100 miles back we ran into a problem and were stranded out in the Oregon desert for about 5 hours. (not a single cop stopped to assist) I'll fill you all in on the details later, but the plate on the injector pump that holds the throttle connection (??) vibrated loose and we lost almost all of our oil. I caught it in-time and pulled over before the oil pressure dropped below 30psi, but it took a bit to get it fixed. Got it addressed, filled her up with oil and we were on our way.

Alex and Fred at Idaho Motor Pool are the greatest! They drove out (2 hours each way at least) and got me running again! Talk about after-the-sale-support! I know they are not direct sponsors of this site, but let me say that they are wonderful people and I highly recommend doing business with them! These guys know what they're doing.

I was a bit nervous coming back after the breakdown, but we made it home safely. Due to the delay, we ended up stopping for one more night rather than try to drive through in the dark (plus we were dead tired).

So, I'm back..the deuce is out front of the house. Neighbors think it's cool. I'm exhausted. Going to have a beer and a much needed nap.

I took great pictures at IMP...will post them in the next few days.

Dan

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
Woo Hoo another Duece in the neigborhood. You will love having it just looking at mine gets me excited. Can't wait for the pictures. I know the folks at IMP did me right on an order I had with them. I will deal with them again anytime.

readyman

Yeah Dan,
I saw the truck disappear from the IMP site. And wondered what happened with you(and the truck).
But you got home ok, now you can acquaint yourself with all those little parts(that tend to vibrate loose).

DanMartin

Yeah, this one was a bit weird, and actually hard to get to physically. It took both Alex and Fred to get it fixed (one on top, one on the bottom holding the part). Apparently this is different on the 5 ton engines, so it was actually a PITA to address. Plus 2 of the 4 screws were missing completely (a run to the hardware store was needed).

I'm pretty excited, but also nervous. This was a big deal for me, and while I'm having fun, I also need to clear off some other projects off of my table as it's too full. I need to get rid of an old pickup truck and a car that I was working on to make room for the deuce on my RV pad at my house...so that's next.

Anyways...I'm off to take a nap. I'll try to get those pics up soon. Lots of great stuff to show.

Dan

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Congrats Dan!!!! :beer: Can't wait to see the pics!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks