• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

went looking for 5 ton parts and found a deuce wrecker

Vintage iron

I remember seeing a wrecker stashed away in the back of a junk yard. so I went back to look for a PTO and driveshaft. Come to find out it is a Deuce wrecker. It is mostly there too. Thought someone maybe interested.

Attachments

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
M108 for sure and not too molested. Has civil defense markings too. Judging by how settled the tires are I'd estimate it's been there a while. Would sure like to see it saved.

Vintage iron

The wrecker wasn't even the best gem that I found today. While I was there a pretty blonde drove by in a pick up. I thought to myself, Wow that isn't something you don't see everyday! I was looking at a Cummins 300 for donor parts and there she was again. I had to talk to her and what a Angel she is! Picture this a tall blonde with her hair in a ponytail wearing a cotton tank top, blue jeans and work boots. she was chucking big chunks of old wood out of the truck into the woods. now I am really impressed. So I start talking with her and she is cool! In our conversation I tell her about my 69 Harley and she knows it is suppose to be a Shovelhead and she owns a 69 Sporty. Wow! this can't be real! I had to ask her out before she disappeared into the fog, like some unicorn. Wish me luck fellas! I hope she calls :grin: I would have taken a picture but that would just be creepy! Sorry guys

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
I know plenty of guys that need parts off that truck if you can't get it whole. Outriggers and cab light facing the rear to begin with.

m816

Definitely a 108. It looks more intact than not. Heve you inquired about a price for the hulk? JT is probably closer to the thing but I would love to step up and rescue it. Where exactly is the junk yard located? Do you have a name and phone numger for the prop? I'm in NJ

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
If somebody ended up getting it and parting it out, I might be interested in the work light mounts on the back of the cab if:

A. They're still usable
B. The price is right (I'm cheap!).

Cool find. There's a 108 in a yard near us that I keep meaning to go check up on.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
If somebody ended up getting it and parting it out, I might be interested in the work light mounts on the back of the cab if:

A. They're still usable
B. The price is right (I'm cheap!).

Cool find. There's a 108 in a yard near us that I keep meaning to go check up on.
How on this green earth can there be an M108 in a yard near by and you haven't gone to look at it? Sacreligious Clinto. Can you give me the info and I'll check it out on my way to the rally? PM please, have to keep the vultures at bay.

Monkeyboyarmy

Poor gimpyrob. He has been trying to get his post count up and as soon as he hits the limit of around 4 trillion,it goes back to zero. Sorry bout your luck pal.

indy4x4fab

Banned
The wrecker wasn't even the best gem that I found today. While I was there a pretty blonde drove by in a pick up. I thought to myself, Wow that isn't something you don't see everyday! I was looking at a Cummins 300 for donor parts and there she was again. I had to talk to her and what a Angel she is! Picture this a tall blonde with her hair in a ponytail wearing a cotton tank top, blue jeans and work boots. she was chucking big chunks of old wood out of the truck into the woods. now I am really impressed. So I start talking with her and she is cool! In our conversation I tell her about my 69 Harley and she knows it is suppose to be a Shovelhead and she owns a 69 Sporty. Wow! this can't be real! I had to ask her out before she disappeared into the fog, like some unicorn. Wish me luck fellas! I hope she calls :grin: I would have taken a picture but that would just be creepy! Sorry guys
Good luck Iron, that's one of those 1 of those 1,000,000 girls, treat her right and the O.D. Iron will do the rest for you. Girls love BIG GREEN TRUCKS. [thumbzup]

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
What is it with all you guys finding rarities all of the sudden? Wreckers, V17s, dumps, oh my!

Someone get it please! Or so help me, I'll win the lottery and do it myself!