• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Were to find M416 tires?

Dolphin_Shooter

a buddy picked up a M416 Trailer. The tires are dry rotted to **** and back
he's wanting to know if anyone makes civi tires that might work better at Highway speed? If not dose anyone have a source for original Military tires?

Last edited:

mutt_kahuna

tires for M416

Hi...the stock size tires for an M416 are 700-16's...he can get them from Lucas tire or summit racing both have locations in OH .....close civi equiv size is 215-85-16

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Don't hold your breath waiting for a lot of surplus 7.00x16 tires to come up on GL. They haven't been available in the DoD system for many years.

Lex_Ordo

Pick out either the NDCC, or NDT tread type of 700-16 Firestone tires made by Coker or Universal. They are good repro tires that will give your trailer the military look you want, and are made new with todays materials. I have them on my 1/4 Ton M101 CDN2, and they work great!

2ndchance

Hi...the stock size tires for an M416 are 700-16's...he can get them from Lucas tire or summit racing both have locations in OH .....close civi equiv size is 215-85-16
Can you use civilian equiv tires on the orginal M416 rims? I asked a guy at Discount Tire and he said, no. Reason:

1. The rivets on the rim can cause leaks when not using a tube.
2. Using a tube on a civilian tubeless tire causes a lot of friction and heat, causing the tube to fail.

So, how are you guys using civilian tires on original M416 Rims?