• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What antennas for what bands

mantree

I am looking at buying myself a m1009 to replace my xterra as my offroad and expo rig. What I am having trouble with is I would like to go with military antennas that will bolt right up. I will be running a Lincoln ii+ export model covering 10,11,12 meter bands and a th9800 that operates in 70cm and 2m primaraly but can function in 6m and 10m (defentletly wont be using it on 10m with the other radio in the rig) dose anybody know what antennas I should be looking for for my frequency range. I would love to find a table of antennas and there ranges if anyone has seen something like that

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Since the military does not use those frequencies, you will have some trouble finding a single military antenna that will be suitable, and probably none out-of-the-box. Modifying military antennas to cover specific bands has been done But you will need matching circuits to keep the SWR at a manageable level.

Wire Fox

None of these antennas will be "optimized" for what you're after, but for the lower band items, you should be well-covered by an AT-1011 (2-30 MHz). The efficiency peaks probably aren't perfectly aligned for your use, but with a matching circuit, they should be fine as a compromise antenna. As for the 70cm / 2m combo, this will only get worse for compromising. The only antennas I can think of for that would be designed as a very wideband 30-520 MHz antenna. There's too many to list, but you can check out CE-Shakespeare or Harris to see some examples of antennas that fit this band selection.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks