• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What are these things?

dirtyfingernails

Could someone tell me what these are? I was checking fluids and noticed first, this shaft out of the back/top of my transmission. It looks like it should be connected to something--should I be worried that it isn't? Next is a piece of flat stock that was obviously torched off. Is this a shifter for something or what? Thanks.
Steve

Attachments

jwaller

that piece coming out of the trans goes to the xcase of the sprag trucks. air shifters it doesnt do anything.

the second looks like the place your return spring goes for the parking brake.

FreightTrain

Banned
Oh no,Your so screwed now!That thing is a very imporant shifter!Without it the trans will burn up in about 500 miles!

Just kidding,that is the hicky for the sprag style front end.It goes in and out when you shift from Reverse to 1st or reverse from first.As for the cut thingy,That is a exhaust hanger from when you truck had a gasser engine or a very early LD465 side pipe.You will find another cutt off one farther back between the rears I bet.

rdixiemiller

Actually, the rod was what actuated the dual dynamic diabolical prisms. The Flat bar is what held the Furkundizer in place to support the muffler bearings. Without the Furkundizer, you will have a lot of fan belt gasket failures.

FMJ

In Memorial
In Memorial
Re: RE: What are these things?

rdixiemiller said:
Actually, the rod was what actuated the dual dynamic diabolical prisms. The Flat bar is what held the Furkundizer in place to support the muffler bearings. Without the Furkundizer, you will have a lot of fan belt gasket failures.
Da m n, I knew it.......thanks man, now I know what to replace. ;)

CGarbee

Re: RE: Re: RE: What are these things?

chuck500cc said:
Along with blinker fluid.... :D
I actually used to own a car that required blinker fluid... It was a '51 Mercedes 170S that had semaphore turn signals located between the front and rear doors that flipped up and lit up when you wanted to signal a turn and then dropped back down into a body recess when the turn was completed... You had to lube them know and again... :)

The rod that sticks out of the transmission in the duece is great for actuating a switch to trigger your backup lights. Contact Bjorn for the specifics on how he did his truck if you want to add them to yours (I'd say contact me, but I never have gotten around to installing a setup on any of my dueces yet...).

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks