• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What brand is your multifuel

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just curious, but who made your mullti? My deuce has a Hercules and the XM757 has a Continental.
If you list something under "other" let me know and I'll add that to the poll.

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
White. It has the original tag on it. Does that mean it was never rebuilt?

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I put in 1 vote for White but I also have a Continental (LDS) in the other Deuce.(could only vote once) Does anyone know, Is the LDS motor only labeled as a Continental or did the other manufacturers make them as well?
White. It has the original tag on it. Does that mean it was never rebuilt?
Mine too! I have assumed it was not a rebuilt motor, but I don't know.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Is there a way to make the poll accept more than one vote? I would like to see input from all members here. I am curious of the numbers, also.

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have a slight problem with the idea that the engines are made on license, it's really only the hypercycle patent that's licensed. The method of slower than normal combustion, the cavity in the piston,the rest is pretty much American made, including the fuel density compensator, patented in the sixties by Continental and the IP, which is American Bosch, a standard industry item.

The engine was made to military specifications which includes operation to very low temps, which promted the inclusion of a heated intake manifold (coolant) and the flame heater. I also figured out that the reason for the upside down oil filter canisters was to let the oil flow back into the oil pan for heating at very low ambients. Mil Spec, not a German design.
If anyone can show me that this isn't so, please let me/us know.

Katch1

There was an article in mvm last year I think on this very subject.
I believe that the hypercycle process is what was patented, they wanted the design because of the reduced noise levels at first. The Man engine was nicknamed the wisper motor, if it was as loud as my multi, I don't want to hear another motor from that era. :shock:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks