• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

what color is this deuce

Duece

Truck was bought through G.L. from fort Mcoy, should still have mil spec paint on it. I tryed carc 383 substitute ( Dupont) on one wheel with negative results

Duece

Truck was bought from G.L. from fort MCcoy still should have mil spec paint on it. Painted wheel with carc 383 (dupont) with negative results

M813rc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Deuce, the military CARC paint is very flat and fades pretty quickly, starts to look "greyer", so touch up paint will look darker and greener when first applied.

M813rc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I personally think it does (everyone, feel free to argue this point...). Newly painted military trucks all look lovely and dark and clean, but when you look at the same vehicle a couple of years later, it has faded pretty uniformly. Whether this is from the paint itself or from dust and crud sticking to it, I don't know.

Duece

THANKS for all your advice. I've decided to go with the 383 CARC. I sprayed one wheel and tweeked the flatner. I am happy with the results and will spray the whole truck.

Duece

Thanks guys, I should of asked you guy in the first place, maybe someone should come up with faded 383 green for touch up (just kidding)The truck will get a fresh coat of carc383 green substitute

Jakob

What method do you use to repaint? Rattle can, spray gun... brush or roller? lol
Also, are there any preferred sources for the paint itself.

jasonjc

I tried some of the spray can "383" carc sub paint on a spot on my shop van it look greener for a few day then you could not tell the were the spot was. I think this stuff drakens with age.?. Now the real carc black does trun more grayish with age.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks