• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What color is this??

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
It kind'a looks like the 24084, which I will be using for my XM757.
("A" stands for Aervoe and "G" stands for Gillespie in the image.)

I haven't found a source for the paint yet, so I'm open for suggestions. IMHO Aervoe has good color matches, but I don't like to use that brand because of the tendency to turn pink after exposure to the sun and weather.

Attachments

Mike_Pop

Bjorn,

I would stay away from Aervoe. You saw my trailers, the gray ones? They were painted with Aervoe and within two years time, they turned gray. I removed a wheel well and where the sun didn't get to the paint, the color was fine. Aervoe is a very disappointing product.

Mike Pop

rumplecat

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Josh:
That color looks like Krylon OD 4293, I have painted my 715 that color. It's cheap and rattle cans of it are available for $3-4. My truck has been out in th sun for two years no fading, cost me $40 to paint the whole thing. My the way a very nice looking wrecker.
James G.

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hey Mike, welcome to the site! Hope you get to spend some time with your vehicles in Eureka with your new job and all, although I have noticed that it's pretty cold out there at this time.
Truly enjoyed my stay there last fall.

PS. I am familiar with the Aervoe problem.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
It looks flat. I would say 34052. I'll try to scare up a pic of a patch of stuff painted in that color. 34052 is the color the M108 will be getting. Where is that M819? Nice looking truck. I'm really starting to have a weak spot for the 819.

Edit, have a look at this pic. The tool box on the front of the wrecker bed is painted 24052 which is semi gloos of 34052. Is that pretty close?

Attachments

patch

Jeez, Kenny, that 108 kinda looks like a florida orange that thats not quite ripe, you gotta get some OD on that thing! And I agree with you on the M819, they are cool lookin' trucks. I drove one in the service, what a blast for a 19 yr old kid! JK

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks