• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What did you do to your deuce this week?

Dipstick

Well, my rear brake tubing was connected directly from the frame to the rear axle brake tee without a hose. I cut the line, DSCF0870.jpgDSCF0869.jpgDSCF0863.jpgdouble flared it and installed the proper hose. Then I bled the brakes and went for a test drive. It seemed to work well, but I discovered an air leak at a fitting for the emergency glad hand. Gonna have to fix that. Not sure where to get the fittings or what size the tubing is. My horn doesn't work either.

Dipstick

Update. Fixed the air leak at the right side gladhand that has been bugging me for months. The tubing to the rear of my Deuce is 3/8 O.D. Cut out the kinked spaghetti the people who bobbed my truck left behind. Re-plumbed it in soft copper with compression fittings. Much cleaner and the air leak is history. Went on a twenty mile fun drive to celebrate.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks