• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What generator is this?

SandBar

Full Time Patriot
In an effort to finally get this generator up and running I need to identify it.

I picked it up at auction 6 years ago, the trailer says it was made in 2006. The trailer has a large Ac unit, generator and belly tank installed. I searched and the generator itself (powered by a LPW4) is also made for the commercial market but I cannot find the page again that showed what make it was. As it sits, someone messed with the series parallel starting switch and I need some diagram of how it is supposed to be hooked up to get me going in the correct direction.

Can anyone identify it and maybe even a TM for it?

I am not even sure how many KW it is set up for. Any help is appreciated.

Attachments

Last edited:

SandBar

Full Time Patriot
Doesn't 10kw seem low for a lpw4? Most of the commercial lpw4 units i find are 12 or 13. Maybe I am hoping for too much haha. If be happy with a wirinh schematic of this beast.

Last edited:

Guyfang

Staff member
This is the answer I got:

Guy:

It looks similar to a GET trailer. Power Systems International or HDT system. They make the trailer. In the front box is a large ECU. This ECU is usually in size of 60, 96 or 144 KBTU in size. In the rear boxes should be in the bottom some support items for the trailer and in the top box a 18,20,or 33KW generator. This is a 60HZ system. The gens output is 120/208VAC running at 60HZ. That is what it looks like.

SandBar

Full Time Patriot
Many thanks. The ECU says 96kbtu, and the panel on the trailer says 100 amps. How could I go about determining its actual kw potential? Here are a few more photos in case they help. Are there any manuals around for those GET trailers?

Attachments

Last edited:

Zed254

Your tag has the words... "Olympian....manufactured for Caterpillar Dealers.... Leroy Somer a division of Emerson Electric..."

If you sniff around some more you may be able to find the generator's model number.

LR 57008 might be it: an internet search on "LR 57008 generator" got me the above sites.

SandBar

Full Time Patriot
Thank you. I have it narrowed down to about 5 commercial models, this one obviously has the militaries modifications such as 24v starting circuit and manual bypasses on about everything. I would post a video of it running for the first time yesterday but I can't seem to attach videos and not sure what video sharing site is OK here.

Ray70

I don't think LR 57008 has anything to do with the actual generator model or rating. The LR number is the CSA certification File number ( Canadian version of UL ) 57008 is the file number of manufacturer and really has nothing to do with any particular model.
Your motor is a DM4M ( LPW4 ) which is typically used on 10K military and 12.5K civvy units.
Your Amp gage goes to 60A which would lead me to believe this is approximately a 12-13 Kw machine.
Get it serviced and ready to rock and do a load test and see what she will do!

nextalcupfan

Thank you. I have it narrowed down to about 5 commercial models, this one obviously has the militaries modifications such as 24v starting circuit and manual bypasses on about everything. I would post a video of it running for the first time yesterday but I can't seem to attach videos and not sure what video sharing site is OK here.
I upload to Youtube then link the video URL here.

Poccur

This is the answer I got:

Guy:

It looks similar to a GET trailer. Power Systems International or HDT system. They make the trailer. In the front box is a large ECU. This ECU is usually in size of 60, 96 or 144 KBTU in size. In the rear boxes should be in the bottom some support items for the trailer and in the top box a 18,20,or 33KW generator. This is a 60HZ system. The gens output is 120/208VAC running at 60HZ. That is what it looks like.
90% it is not HDT or PowerSystems ...Would like to see a close up on the data plate on the air handler...HDT/Powersystems used to use Applied companies for the AC but they in sourced it and they are currently manufacturing their own...the data plate would give it away...
Also, HDT units have a data plate on the chassis of the trailer, beside the tow hitch on the frame at knee height...anything in that area you can snap a pic of?
Regards
Poccur

Poccur

This looks like the base generator set:
Just not sprayed tan or on a trailer....and newer gauges/dials..

Last edited: