• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What happens at Rebuild?

Manstein

Chaplain Emeritus
What typically happens during the "rebuild" service? I've seen several on GL that have the rebuild and a date thrown in the description. Mine has the little triangle tag that I think represents that. Anybody know if it's a standard list of repairs/replacements?

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
There are tags attached like that for MWO's which are Maintenance Work Orders something like installing seatbelts or antilock brakes or adding a brace to a weak part of a frame. The depot rebuild is a complete restroration to like new condition. It is interesting to note that while I was in Iraq the Army Material Command decided not to rebuild 6.2 engines and then not to rebuild 6.5's in the forward deployed depot in Kuwait. This is the trend since major items are outsourced. Take a look at the program Oshkosh is doing on the trucks they delivered to us in the 80's and 90's If you got a rebuild sticker and it has not been installed used and then put back in the container without noting that you should have a like new item.

ElkyRacer

There are 2 diffrent 'rebuild' programs that I know of. RESET and RECAP. Reset is pretty much just updates/MWO's, and repairing equipment. Depending on the model there are a few manditory replacement items, but not EVERYTHING is torn down and rebuild. RECAP is a complete dissasembly of the vehicle, and every major item is replaced with new, or rebuilt. A RECAP is basicly a 'NEW' vehicle without the new price. A RESET is just the repair of a vehicle to useable standards, costing sometimes half of a RECAP. They are slowly finding out that with the type of terrain and elements that they are fighting in right now, that they are getting as much life out of a RESET truck as they are a RECAP truck.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks