• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What have you learned from the TM Today

swiss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
There are some very good threads in each of the forums such as what have you done to your xxx today. These are enjoyable to read to get ideas and many times motivation to :grd: I have not seen this thread yet and thought it may be another enjoyable and educational thread.

So since the TM 9-230-214-14&P is my latest read I will start the thread with some simple things I learned today.

1.) How to properly fold a cover from the illustrations of installation
2.) That the M105 is a designation for the trailer type and it is based on the M103A1 and M103A3 Chassis that can be adapted for other purposes. The A1 is the single air line assembly and A3 the double line assembly
3.) Flipping the pintle hook is a 4" differential, I have seen various numbers in other posts. the height is 30.5" on the low side and 34.5" on the high side
4.) There is a TM dealing with the Destruction of Army Material to Prevent Enemy Use: TM 750-244-6. That sounds like a great read.

Please add "What you Learned in the TM Today: and lets see if this concept adds some value to others. Time will tell.

Steven

Last edited:

jasonjc

There is also a M105/103 that uses vacum brakes.

And there are 2 different brake setup's used on the trailers. The early one's used 1 wheel cyclinder per wheel, like the M35 trucks but the later ones use 2 wheel cyclinder per wheel, like the M135/211 trucks.

But I still want to know what the square holes in the bed are for????