• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What headsets were used in the lmtv/fmtv radio trucks ?

chucky

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Was wondering what would be era correct headset were used in the lmtv/ fmtv radio trucks if anyone is familiar with that and the name or model of radios used in them ? Thanks

sigo

Lieutenant Colonel
Steel Soldiers Supporter
A SINCGARS in VRC-88/89/90/91/92 configuration would be correct.
A H-250 handset is appropriate for use with SINCGARS. I’ve been working on Army radios since 1996 and I have not seen a M80/u mic in servIce. There are some out there and It will work, but it is not widely used.

chucky

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Sincgars sets would have used microphone M80/U and loudspeaker LS-671.
Thanks !!! Some where i swore i saw a soldier wearing a headset in the drivers seat and the turret gunner wearing one.

sigo

Lieutenant Colonel
Steel Soldiers Supporter
It is possible, in which case it is probable they had a VIC-3 intercom system in their truck. A number of headsets can be used with a VIC-3, Bose Triports are common.

chucky

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It is possible, in which case it is probable they had a VIC-3 intercom system in their truck. A number of headsets can be used with a VIC-3, Bose Triports are common.
Thanks for the info

papakb

My personal favorites are the General Dynamics single earpiece models that have been sold onlins. They meet states requirement of not covering both ears , are comfortable to wear for long periods and are actually made by David Clark.

Attachments

chucky

Steel Soldiers Supporter
My personal favorites are the General Dynamics single earpiece models that have been sold onlins. They meet states requirement of not covering both ears , are comfortable to wear for long periods and are actually made by David Clark.
Yea thats the ticket rite there !! Was there any kind of box/device they could plug into to make all the headsets to connect to each other and if so do you remember the mod number for that ? THANKS FOR THE INFO

sigo

Lieutenant Colonel
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yea thats the ticket rite there !! Was there any kind of box/device they could plug into to make all the headsets to connect to each other and if so do you remember the mod number for that ? THANKS FOR THE INFO
Yes, that would be a VIC-3. If you want a solution that would be original for a US Army truck. If you don’t care if it’s original you can choose from any of a number of commercial intercoms.

chucky

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yes, that would be a VIC-3. If you want a solution that would be original for a US Army truck. If you don’t care if it’s original you can choose from any of a number of commercial intercoms.
Thanks i was thinking of having a speaker in the camper end i could talk with while driving or passenger seat.

papakb

The LS-671 speaker has a standard U-329 6-pin audio port on it that the headset can attach to. This is the regular speaker for the SINCGARS radios and with a little adaptation will work with other radios. My PRC-138 is wired through it's battery box to mount into one of the single SINCGARS MT-6576 mounts so that I can use either the 138 or my 1439 radios without having to change things around to use them.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks