• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What is 6x6 on a Deuce, How does it work?

rneely

I am new to the Deuce and want to know how the 6x6 system works. Where can I get a description of the drive systems and how to operate them? Is it all wheel drive or selectable?

BFR

Rocket Surgeon
it all depends on the transfer case...
a sprag equipped truck engages based on speed differential beteween the front/rears
an airshift case engages on command (it is actuated with an air switch)

dc3coyote

6x6 is the same as 4x4 on a smaller truck it is the front axel drives as well as the rear axels
my experiences have been with either a transfer or a selector on the dash board

Barrman

Go to the "Resources" link at the top of this page and look at the TM's. Or, at the top of the Duece forum there are "sticky'" with the Duece manuals. the -10 is the operators manual and it will tell you all about how the stuff works.

kendelrio

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Re: RE: What is 6x6 on a Deuce, How does it work?

westfolk said:
6 wheels on the ground.....regardless on how many tires are on the end of each axle.......6 wheels that have power going to them......6x6.
Ummm..... wouldn't that make it 10x10? Or do you mean how many ends of axles have power going to them?

**Just being a smart*ss.... sorry**

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Re: RE: What is 6x6 on a Deuce, How does it work?

westfolk said:
6 wheels on the ground.....regardless on how many tires are on the end of each axle.......6 wheels that have power going to them......6x6.
Yes no disrespect but it seems like it should say 10 wheels on the ground....regardless on how many tires are on the end of each axle...6 axles have power going to them..6x6