• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What is a CHETT 10 ton truck?

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've not heard of a C-HETT, but there is a C-HET. Usually it refers to the M911 tank transporter or the M1070 tank transporter.

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
It's a transmission listing at Redfield Al. site.
I think you mean Redstone, AL.

I think it is a HEMMT transmission...I saw a bunch of them yesterday when I was up there.

The HEMMT and the M911 both have the V-8 Detriot in them so they may be the same anyway.

Sometimes the descriptions are written by people who have no clue what they are writing about.

NEIOWA

I think the M911 (8x6) was only unit refered to as a C-HET (an alternative to the M746 8x8 HET and replacing the M123). Transmission for the M911 is the Allison CLBT-750. I'm pretty sure this trans was not used in the HEMTT which was a generation newer than the M911.

paradeduty

Hey guys - Yup, I looked at that trans (internet look) and I think the pto access plate is in a different location than that on my M985 which is at about 10:00 from the rear (driver's upper quadrant). Probably right about it for a 911.

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
From the discription:

[SIZE=-1]End Item Code:[/SIZE][SIZE=-1]End Item Text:[/SIZE][SIZE=-2]N/A[/SIZE][SIZE=-2]TRUCK PCCN CHEMTT 10 TON[/SIZE][SIZE=-2]ANR[/SIZE][SIZE=-2]HEAVY EXPANDED MOBILITY TACTICAL TRUCKS (HEMTT), ABT, M977, M978, M983, M984 AND M985 (TACTICAL VEH[/SIZE]

If you go to the "Manifest" section and click on the blue button that says "More Info" you can usually find the end item that a part goes on.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks