• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What is max tire size stock

b652469

I searched and can't seem to find the max stock tire size? I'm thinking of purchasing a rubber duck lift but...... Don't feel like installing it...

Thank for for the experienced advice!

Retiredwarhorses

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You can't go larger than 38's without a body lift...once you hit 40's, stock up on pitman, idlers and front Ball joints.
that or upgrade all of it to Moog problem solvers.

Retiredwarhorses

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Not over built...required and standard issue on new hmmwv's. The old Pittman and idlers are a weak point...there have been several versions over the years. Moog PS's are heavy duty.

b652469

Well I bought (3) I guess I need to figure out which one is going to be the dedicated off-road rig the spend the time and monies to do it right. Thanks for the info!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks