• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What is the difference between 73-76 doors and 77-91 doors?

ida34

I recently got two new door shells for my Cucv. It is an 84. The doors were advertised as 1973-1988. When I picked them up the package was marked 73-76. I looked them over and I don't see any obvious difference. I also checked LMC's application guide and they show different part numbers for the 73-76 and the 77-91 doors. The complete outer door panel and inner door bottom are listed at the same for from 73-91. Someone is sure to know the difference. I hope it is only as simple as relocating a mounting hole here or there. Does anyone know the difference. I would hate to pull it all apart just to find I can't use them. I also don't want to waist paint on them if they will not work. If this does become a problem then I will just cut out patch panels to fix my doors.

Please someone let me know the difference!!!!!!!!!!

mangus580

The only visible difference that I am aware of in the year change, was the vent windows were different. Even this was minimal. You might have a hole here, or there that you need to adjust, but I think you will be fine.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
There's more! The door panels and the way they attach are different. The pre 77 doors have a flatter door panel and the inner skin of the door tapers in to meet it. If you have the doors mock fit your door panels to see what works. Everything else should interchange.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Even us deuce guys have something to share with the CUCV crowd. BTW, Mike, I've got the Chevrolet Parts and Illustrations manual that each dealership was issued. This is the one specifically for the D series trucks. It's probably over 400 pages. You want to PDF that sucker? The pages are getting old and the holes are falling apart. It's loose leaf design. I'd love to see it serve a purpose before it passes on.

ida34

I took a look at the pic and printed it. I hope I can make it work. If not then I will do surgery and make them work. Thanks for the help. I will post pics when I start working on it. I got paint so the work should begin soon.