• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What is the plastic bottle????

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Funny, the pic wasn't there the first time. Doesn't look like the washer bottle. Washer bottle is supposed to mount to the steering shaft anyway.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
It looks like the cold weather "arctic" alcohol bottle that hooks up to the compressor to feed alcohol into the air system.

Armada

It looks like the cold weather "arctic" alcohol bottle that hooks up to the compressor to feed alcohol into the air system.
That's exactly what it is.
You can kinda see one in this pic next to the steering column. I relocated mine up front next to the compressor, and I can access it for refills from the side cover without raising the hood.

Do you have a coiled up piece of copper line hanging off the compressor?

Attachments

Armada

I get whatevers on sale..... but Crown Royal works best. :)
1 bottle will last a very long time. The air is just passed through it to remove moisture.

M543A2

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yes, I have had them freeze. Especially vulnerable is the wrecker with all of the air controls. Go to your local NAPA store. They have the correct alcohol compound for these systems.

ida34

Armada said:
I get whatevers on sale..... but Crown Royal works best. :)
1 bottle will last a very long time. The air is just passed through it to remove moisture.
In my job I know for sure that Popov Vodka is usually the cheapest. All the homeless bums in Ann Arbor know for sure. I have poured out enough of it to feed all out trucks for some years to come. I always like the look on their face when I do it. It hurts them more than the ticket I give them.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Chuck, that's like pouring out their blood. I'm told by the homeless contingent here that pouring out their spirits is alcohol abuse. I just laugh.

EDIT; Homeless Contingent LOL, more like Houseless.

JCease

Thats about the only way you can try to help folks out..... Giving them a ticket will do nothing, they aren't going to pay for it.... Jail will get them a shower and a meal if they are lucky....most times, just a place to sleep for the night. I love to make them pour it out....esp those underage partiers...nothing like making them dump out a case of much sought after "Beast Light"!!!!

rmgill

I had a friend that was told by a cop to pour out a can of cheer wine. Cop said "It says "wine" on the can right!? It's Alcohol! Pour it out or you go to jail!" Never mind that Root Beer had "Beer" on the side of the can, but everyone knows that ain't alcohol. And Ginger Ale isn't Ale either.