• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

what is the purpose of these parts?

ken mcculloch

2 questions...

Can someone please explain what the bracket on the passengers side of the bed is for? The holes don't line up with the mounting holes for the troop seats and there is no hole at the top to drop something into it. I have yet to find a picture of anyone using this to mount anything to/on.

What is the purpose of this bracket next to the windshield hold down latch? I am getting ready to do weather stripping & I don't want to lower the windshield before knowing the purpose of this bracket.

thanks for any information you can provide.

Ken

Right side brkt.JPGwindshield brkt.JPG

T. Highway

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hi Ken,

The bracket on the bed is to hold the deep water fording exhaust pipe in the stowed position and up while using it for fording. The brackets on the dash under the window frame give the frame a hard stop rather than relying the rubber gasket to support a hardtop or the strains of a soft top billowing in the wind.

Hope this helps.

Have you joined the G741.Org site yet?

Bert