• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What is the width gained from fliping hubs on a M813?

dma251

I realize that it would be real easy to just bolt up my new combat wheels backwards to get the singles on, but these rims look so good sandblasted and powdercoated I can't help but wonder if flipping the hubs would allow me to run the wheels beadlock bolts out like the front.

Can anyone tell me what the track width gain is overall or per side by flipping those rear hubs?

Attachments

M1075

Damn, those are shiny. They look great. I've never done a hub flip on the 5 ton, but the track should be the same front and rear.

dma251

yeah, I know it's not particularly "tactical" but it think the semi-gloss looks really sharp next to the dull tires. I've painted deuce rims flat black before, and they just look too dull..... I doubt I will be sneaking up on any enemy combatants with this truck anyhow, so it shouldn't cause me any trouble ;)

So are you saying that with the hubs flipped the rear axle will have the same track width as the front? That would be perfect.