• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What is this? and why does it leak air.....

FMJ

In Memorial
In Memorial
This in one of the 3 M109A3's I recovered yesterday, http://steelsoldiers.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=18528 ,only one truck has this, or its mounted somewhere else in the others....it leaks air as soon as you start the truck, I'm thinking of pulling it out and seeing why....it looks to be a pressure switch for the low air buzzer, and the low air light (missing), but it leaks air out of the left side boss with the small hole in the picture.

Attachments

FMJ

In Memorial
In Memorial
Ok, fixed the leak, I tightened the silver 1 3/8" fitting that screws into the bottom of the pressure switch. This is for the low air buzzer and the low air warning light. On the other trucks this switch is mounted directly to a manifold further up under the dash.

Djfreema

In Memorial
In Memorial
That looks like the same valve I have under the dash for the air o matic steering. I think its the regulator that shuts the air off to the steering if there is less than 60lbs?

FMJ

In Memorial
In Memorial
I wish I had air assist.....lol, the lines off the bottom go to the low air buzzer, and the low air light.