• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What is this piece on M101A2 trailer metal bow ?

Trailboss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've read the TM and searched, but can't find the purpose of this U-channel bracket on the newer metal bows. I took them off, and the bows stay in place, I tried to adjust them to raise the bow height, but no go. One bolt is in a hole and the bottom is in a slot in the channel and hole in the bow upright. In the photo, you can see where I've removed the U-channel on the bow on the left. Just wondering if anyone has an idea what they're used for?

IMG_20200617_120939160.jpg

lfhoward

I think you’re on the right track about them being used to keep the bows at different heights. The current setting looks like the lower of two placements. Try this:

1. Loosen the lower bolt but leave in place.
2. Remove top bolt.
3. Lift the bow and slide the bracket down until the top hole in the bracket is over the middle hole in the bow.
4. Reinstall the top bolt.
5. Tighten the bottom bolt.

I bet your bows will stand 6 or 8 inches higher when you put them back in their slots on the trailer.

Trailboss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Nope, tried that, the channel is smaller than the bow upright receiver, so slides into the receiver. The bow height is unaffected. Since it does add volume to the bow upright, it might keep the bow from moving around as much in the receiver, but that's all I can guesstulate.

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I think that is the adjustment so they can also be used on a m105 as it is the same bow but spaced differently with the holes? Don't have my m105 at the house to look at?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks