• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What is this valve?

renovate7

I bought a Utility Service Trailer from GL recently. It has a Kohler 10kw generator and twin air compressors, as well as an 8" blower and 2" sump pump. It will be very useful here in Florida after the next hurricane to power up my house as well as make any repairs. I'm a contractor and can also use this where there's no power available. It's like new with 172 hours...There is a valve on the bottom of the air tank for the compressor that is "open" and won't let the tank build pressure. There is a pressure releif valve like on our Deuce air tanks on the side so I am thinking this for somehow draining water. The label says Schrader Bellows and max inlet 250 PSI. Any help identifying it greatly appreciated. If it's for draining water can I replace it with a standard petcock?

Attachments

Jones

Might be a "spit valve". It opens momentarily when the compressor cycles to drain moisture.
A regular tank drain will work but you'll just have to remember to open it or pull it's cable to drain the tank(s).

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks