• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What is this worth? Or should I say - Is it worth anything?

dma251

This is owned by a customer of the shop that is working on my hemtt. He asked me to try to find out what he could get out of it.

It is not running, but he is willing to get it running (I guess it just needs the basics to get up and running again) if its worth anything.

I told him not to get his hopes up.... But I would ask all you experts out there for opinions.

Attachments

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
RE: What is this worth? Or should I say - Is it worth anyth

Has that frame been lengthened? Seems awful long to be a 342.

What a shame :cry:

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!

Yeah, its pretty hacked, but has potential maybe as a wheeler. Probably get some money out of the pto if its there.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter

It was a Seabees truck or at least the body was! If it were near by me I'd offer $500 and see where it goes.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor

I love the M135/211 front bumper

AMGeneral

Yup,definetly a 342,if you look real close you can see where the frame was cut and lenghtned just behind the fuel tank.Also the ovbious larger amount of rear springs vs a cargo truck.Definetly a shame,342s are really a rare Deuce.

dma251

Yeah - that's kinda what i was thinking. It really is too bad. I didn't notice the frame modification.... I'm sure it seemed like a great idea at the time :?

Is there any market for the engine/transmission/transfercase?

I think I'll recommend the seperation of the drivetrain and scraping the rest.

Thanks, guys.

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Pay the man $500, haul it away and cut that puppy up for the usable parts. It's been too bastardized to restore or do anything useful with.

What the heck is that monstrosity of a muffler?

derby

The data plate said WO/W so there might only be a single output shaft.The bumper and mounts could have just replaced a smashed non winch set up. too bad about that one.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Even on a non winch M342A2 the pto is the same. The accessory drive is used for dumping. Those folks with an M342A2 wo/w need only get a winch, extensions, shaft and shifter to add a winch. Another thing odd is behind the 211 bumper are regular M35 winch mounts. If I could get that thing for $500 I'd be whistling for a week.

dma251

Okay - I broke the bad news to him that this truck isn't worth $10000.....

We decided to chop this up and go thirds on the proceeds. A third to the owner, a third to the shop for cutting it up, and a third to me for finding buyers and arranging the shipping.

Anything you guys don't want goes to Ebay or Craigslist.

Make some offers.