• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What is THIS????

davidkroberts

that is a braket made for holding the top of the barrel for a Service Rifle. They are commonly mounted on uparmored humvees beside the driver to the right of the gear shift. The bottom braket is just a slot to hold the buttstock.

aboonski

Thanks for all the replies!

I was trying to look at the Hummer section of this web site to see if anyone had one of these installed but no luck. We are having a lot of rain here in West Melbourne this evening and my BellSouth.net fast access internet service does not work during periods of any storm activity. Anyway, things like this are always of interest to me so I will probably wind up installing it in my M35A2C and take one of the butt-plates out of the CUCV so that I can have one weapon mount in my big truck. The spring in this contraption is very strong so it would probably hold my M1 Garand sniper rifle pretty tight. The Deuce is the poor-man's version of a Hummer which, unfortunately I will never be able to afford!