• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What job did my trailer have?

Pawnshop

I picked up my latest trailer today, a M116A2 with a M101 box on it, and it has some extra "stuff" on it, can anyone tell me what was in the bed? My first guess is a gennie, but the things on the outside and the round thingie behind the little tool box sort of look like antenna mounts. There are a lot of nutted bolts in the body that apparently attached things, and when the Army removed those things they filled the holes with the bolts.

Attachments

sigo

Lieutenant Colonel
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The two long marks down the center look like they were left by generator skids. I don't recognize any of the brackets. My guess is it was modified by a unit to be a non standard commo or special equipment trailer. Engineer like crazy guy said, or perhaps ordnance (vehicle maintenance).

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I agree on the skid trails for the gen and the likely unit modifications.

Nice score on the fuel can nozzles! That should help offset the price a little.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks